Priest Lake Triathlon
YOUR BEST RACE DAY OF 2024!
Countdown to Race Day! SATURDAY AUGUST 24, 2024
Swim, bike, run at Priest Lake
TWO COURSES TO CHOOSE FROM! OFF ROAD BIKE OR ROAD BIKE COURSE
- Start: 8:45 AM
- 395 yard swim/11mi dirt MTB course/3.1 mile run.
- Relay team or Individual, team can be of two or three doing any combination of legs. Special hand off in transition zone.
- All participants receive a technical fabric finisher shirt AND finisher award featuring our international award winning design
- SWIM : Course starts on the North side of the beach in front of the resort. If you are a first time open water swimmer, this is your race! Watch the course video posted above, the sprint course is near docks most of the way (a nice feeling the first time out!) SPRINT START WILL BE A SELF-SEEDED SWIM START You line up and start at your own pace with your own distance around you. Time starts when you cross the mat and enter the water.
- BIKE : 11 mile Off-Road dirt course. Mountain Bike and Hybrid style bikes advised. Cycle Cross and Gravel bikes permitted at riders choice. The course is dirt forest service road and driveable by vehicle, but is mixed dirt and gravel with some rock and ruts and bumpy down hill Standard MTB or Hybrid type bikes that have a front shock are advised. If you choose to ride a Cyclecross or Gravel Bike, please pre-ride and survey the course to ensure your ability to ride it with this type of bike. The surface is non-technical forest service road, but it has the usual loose gravel, rocks, and some pot-holes. MTB bikes make for a safer easier ride.
- RUN : 5k (3.1 mile) out and back on compacted dirt forest service road along the shore of Priest Lake with aid station at mile 1.25
- CUT-OFF TIMES All swimmers on bikes by 9:10AM. (25 min. to swim 395 meters), Athletes on run course by 11:30AM. Run Course closes at 12:15PM
- Start: 8:30 AM
- 500m swim/20km(12.4 mi.) road bike/5km run.
- Relay team can be two or three team mates doing any combination of legs. Special hand off area in transition zone.
- All participants receive a technical fabric finisher shirt AND finisher award featuring our international award winning design.
- SWIM : 500m/ .5km – Course starts on the North side of the beach in front of the resort, and is a single lap counter clockwise around the marina. SWIM START WILL BE A SELF-SEEDED SWIM START, time starts when you cross the mat at your own pace and placement in the line up.
- BIKE : 20km mostly flat with two rolling moderate hills on paved roads. This is a two lap course. Well marked with traffic control but IS AN OPEN COURSE.
- RUN : 5km (3.1 mi.) This is an out and back run course on compacted dirt road with views of Priest Lake as you finish.
- CUT-OFF TIMES: All swimmers on bikes by 9:00AM. (30 min. to swim 500meters), Athletes on run course by 10:30AM. Run Course closes at 12:15PM
ROAD BIKE COURSE START: 8:30AM
SPRINT OFF-ROAD START: 8:45AM
RACE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN EMAILED TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO RACE DAY PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX IF YOU DID NOT GET THEM.
Refunds-Unfortunately we have had to change our refund policy. In the past we offered one of the most generous refund policies to provide solutions for changing circumstances. Due to significant abuse of the past policy, all events are held as non-refundable race fees. Registrations must be used for the current year event, no exceptions. Registrations are created for the individual who registered only. Bibs can not be transferred to another athlete. The registration is created for you, not a bib. We do offer medical and bereavement transfers to the following season only, and only for the individual registered. Bona-fide requests for a medical or bereavement transfer can be made by submitting the contact form on this site. Requests MUST be received 10 days prior to race day.
Race shirts are reserved for registrations made until 20 days prior to race day. Registrations made less than 20 days to the event date are first come first serve. If you sign up before the 20 days to race day cut-off, you will receive your shirt at athlete check in. If you register within 20 days of the race, you will receive your shirt after the race. We typically have strong inventories for late registration, but to ensure you get the size you ordered, sign up before the shirt cut off date.
- AWARDS PARTY AND PODIUM- 10:30AM
- The event provides water and recovery food like fruit at the finish line. The Awards Party Lunch is a small fee.
- All participants over 21 may enjoy ONE complimentary sponsored tap beer at the finish line awards party.
Awards: 1st-3rd, Overall trophies and prizes. Age group medals- Under 14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+ 1st-3rd, Teams 1st-3rd awards.
Notice! Overall top 3, and Team entries remove you from age group awards. Must be present to win age group awards. You worked hard for an award and deserve recognition at the podium, we work hard to have great awards to celebrate your accomplishment. Check the results at the finish line so you don’t miss out! – We do not mail awards
Athlete Check In – RACE MORNING ONLY. CHECK IN IS RIGHT AT THE STARTING AREA ON THE ROAD-CAN’T MISS IT.
Want to run the race as a relay team but need a teammate? Make a post on our Facebook site at Priest Lake Triathlon and Marathon!
THIS EVENT HELD UNDER US FOREST SERVICE SPECIAL USE PERMIT